Nexternal’s eCommerce Shopping Cart software provides you with the ability to define several product variations based on the attributes or options selected. These variations include changing the product image, pricing, weight and even inventory. This video will show you how to set up a product with Attributes and Options then assign some variations to that product based on the option that is selected.
• The first thing we will do is login to the Nexternal Order Management System.
• Next we will go to the products section.
• From the product edit screen you are going to scroll down to the Product Options section.
• Enter the number of Attributes that you want for this product. For example if you have a product that comes in various colors and sizes you would enter 2 for Color and Size.
• You will see various sections of this product that you can define several aspects by SKU. Nexternal uses the term SKU to represent the change in the product. A lot of times these changes will change the product ID or product code you use so we generalize it with the term SKU.
• We are going to select three of the variations. We will select Pricing by SKU, Weight by SKU and then Image by SKU. Once we’ve done that Next.
• On the next screen you will see the Attributes area. Here you will see the Attribute Name field for Attribute #1 and Attribute #2. Remember we are using Color and Size as our Attributes so we will enter that in the boxes.
• The Number of options field will represent the number of options each attribute has. So if your shirt comes in Red, White and Blue, then you will have 3 options. If your shirt comes in 4 sizes, Small, Med, Large and X-Large then you will have 4 options for sizes. Once you’ve entered this information hit Next.
• On this page you will enter your Option names. Once you have enter all of your option hit Next.
• On this screen you will see all of the possible option combinations and you will see that you are able to enter the SKU pricing, weight and image for each possible combination.
Now if you have several attributes with several options or if you have several products that have attributes this list can get quite large. Luckily, Nexternal provides a bulk upload tool that you can use to upload your attributes.
After you’ve entered the information for each of the combinations hit Finish which will bring you back to the product detail page. Now you can take the URL for your item, paste it into a new window and see how it looks.
If you need to make any changes you can jump back to the detail page, scroll down to the attribute section and edit the attributes. If not, then you’re ready to move on to the next product.
If you have any questions on this topic feel free to use the Nexternal Help Desk in your account or contact us at 1-800-914-6161.