Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to market products that will reach new customers. Do you need a strategy boost to grow your online sales? Here are 5 tips:
1) Many shoppers begin their eCommerce search on Amazon as opposed to Google. Instead of spending a ton of money bidding on general search terms such as “Mother’s Day Gifts”, consider the search terms field (Amazon seller central login is required) on Amazon as well as utilizing the Occasion field for some categories where you can choose “Mother’s Day” as an option.
2) It is no secret that shoppers are looking for gift ideas on social sites such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Keep in mind that shoppers are very visual so investing in high-quality photographs will only help your products gain popularity by customers posting and sharing. On Pinterest, you can include details such as price and where to buy the products with rich pins.
3) Get your products listed on Google Shopping. Although this can be a competitive marketplace, Google offers a free feature called Google Merchant Promotions that you can to take advantage of. This feature allows you to highlight deals you are running around the holidays.
4) While Amazon still offers it, consider Amazon Product Ads even if you are not selling your products on Amazon. These advertisements will direct the shopper to your external website.
5) Bid on more specific search terms. Typically, a shopper’s searches get more specific as they research gift items so be sure you are bidding on terms that describe your products. These also tend to cost less that bidding on a more general keyword.
These tips were designed to help you get your products seen and boost your online sales for the upcoming holiday. However, it is good practice to use these tips for a more long term business approach as well.