If you’re selling online without virtual gift certificates, you’re leaving millions on the table. Virtual gift certificates are necessary because they increases brand awareness. They are important in eCommerce marketing because they are highly targeted and the recipient is very motivated to use them. Here are the top 5 reasons to offer Virtual Gift Certificates to your customers:
1) They don’t require shipping costs because they’re entirely virtual.
2) Virtual gift certificates are preferred over physical gift cards because they can be sent immediately.
3) Most customers using virtual gift certificates end up spending more than the certificate’s value.
4) From a marketing perspective, virtual gift certificates introduce your site to new customers.
5) Virtual gift certificates are the only present a procrastinating shopper can buy and have delivered right away. Because of this, virtual gift certificates should be advertised on your homepage for all holidays.
Virtual gift certificates open a world of possibilities for your e-marketing programs by introducing new customers to your brand, and capturing significant additional revenue streams. Not only do virtual gift certificates set you apart from the competition, but they enable you to market to your customers better so that you can tailor future campaigns that are sure to not only sell more virtual gift certificates, but also sell more products in your store. Will your store cash in on the virtual gift certificate trend?
For existing Nexternal clients: Gift Certificates now appear as products in your Online Store. The Gift Certificates/Edit Settings screen in the Order Management System has been enhanced to allow the entry of pertinent information for handling Gift Certificates as products, such as a Product Name, Short Description, and Status Message. You may also select the category in which Gift Certificates appear.
NOTE: If you wish to offer physical gift certificates Nexternal also integrates with Chase Paymentech Gift Cards. If you wish to get started with Chase Paymentech Gift Cards, please contact Paymentech’s Cross Sell department at 888-659-4966 or Tem-ProductSolutions@ChasePaymentech.com and mention that you are a Nexternal customer interested in Chase Paymentech Gift Cards.