While many brands think about reaching consumers directly with their eCommerce platform, the best will also leverage their capabilities to manage their B2B sales as well. Why not leverage all of the benefits of the consumer user experience that you already provide to expand your B2B sales?
The right eCommerce platform will make this simple with the following tools:
- Password protected login. Only pre-approved customers should be able to see the contents of your B2B store.
- Customer types. Different B2B customers may have different requirements so segmentation is critical.
- Product pricing and visibility by customer type. Not all B2B customers may have the same pricing and product options. A price field label is also helpful so that the B2B customer gets positive feedback that they are seeing their price.
- Payment options. Some B2B customers may have terms while others may be required to pay with a credit card.
- Layout options. Using Layout classes, you can tailor the shopping experience to a specific customer type so that they understand that you are “talking” to them.
- Single click reordering. Many B2B transactions are similar or repeat purchases.
So, why not expand your eCommerce system to your B2B sales as well? You will leverage the system you already have; make it easy for B2B customers to shop easily and therefore expand your sales volume. If you are a merchant using Nexternal’s eCommerce Platform, all of the tools above (and more) are built in and included in the software you are already using. Be sure to contact your account representative to learn more.