YouTube is a great platform that can help you connect with customers and prospects no matter what size business you have. Embedding Product Specific YouTube Videos on Product Detail Screens can provide your store with two significant advantages.
First and foremost, a good video can increase the likelihood that someone will decide to purchase a product. Many people would rather watch a short video than read a three paragraph product description. It is also easier to appeal to a buyer’s emotions via video. Videos are much more powerful than text because they provide a human element to your brand.
The second benefit is that a good product YouTube video can help drive traffic to that page on your store. YouTube receives a significant number of search queries every day and it permits links in the video description. Some key Factors to consider when creating videos:
• Keep video length short (less than 3 minutes).
• Keep videos relevant with informational content instead or trying to hard sell.
• Mention keywords in the Title, Description, and Tags. Doing so will make your videos more likely to appear if someone searches YouTube for one of your products.
• Put a link to the Product Detail Screen of your store in the first line of the video description.
• Don’t be afraid to be entertaining. YouTube Videos are known to go viral which can really help sales.
Current Nexternal users can upload YouTube Video for products by:
Editing the product you want to add the video into, go to description to embed YouTube video code. Note: If you are using the WYSIWYG editor, please first turn the WYSIWYG editor off, embed the code on the product and then turn it back on (in settings>boolean options (edit), WYSIWYG editor. For B2B stores, be sure to reference video using the https protocol)
Here is an example of a Video in action from our demo site:
Here is some additional information on our blog: http://ecommerce-blog.nexternal.com/leveraging-the-power-of-video/