New USPS and Endicia Enhancements
We want to update our customers on USPS and Endicia’s latest enhancements!
Utilize Adult Signature Required, C.O.D., and other new features offered by USPS and Endicia
The USPS and Endicia Online Shipping Tools have been enhanced to take advantage of new features offered by USPS and supported by Endicia. Default values are available at Settings/Compatible Software/Online Shipping Tools/Preferences in the Order Management System, subject to override when creating a label from the Order Detail screen.
USPS now offers 3 Signature Options for use with the USPS Rates and Endicia Shipping Tools. If you choose to specify a Signature Option, the choices are:
– Signature Waiver: Applicable only to USPS Express Mail, Signature Waiver allows the USPS driver to forgo collecting a signature if no one is available to sign at the time of delivery.
– Adult Signature Required: Applicable to USPS Express Mail, USPS Priority Mail, USPS Critical Mail, and USPS Parcel Select, Adult Signature Required requires the signature of an adult at the recipient’s address who is 21 years of age or older. Additional charges apply, please refer to USPS documentation for more information.
– Adult Signature Restricted Delivery: Applicable to USPS Express Mail, USPS Priority Mail, USPS Critical Mail, and USPS Parcel Select, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery provides the same service as Adult Signature Required with the additional restriction of limiting delivery to a specific addressee or authorized agent who is 21 years of age or older. Additional charges apply, please refer to USPS documentation for more information.
– Because the Signature Option is often important only for Restricted Products, you may specify separate Signature Option values for shipments with Restricted products and shipments without.
– Adult Signature Required and Adult Signature Restricted Delivery are not available to U.S. Armed Forces addresses.
– For orders for which the customer has chosen to be billed C.O.D. (Settings/Billing Options), you may now choose whether or not to have the C.O.D. amount collected by USPS when creating labels via Endicia Shipping. Additional charges apply, please refer to USPS documentation for more information.
– C.O.D. packages require an affixed C.O.D. Form 3816, and must be taken to a USPS retail counter.
For all orders for which C.O.D. is not the method of payment, this option does not apply.
– Endicia C.O.D. is not available with International or U.S. Armed Forces shipments.
– When Endicia C.O.D. is used on an order with multiple ship from and/or multiple ship to addresses, all discounts are distributed in proportion to product total to each address for the purpose of determining the C.O.D. amount.
– When Endicia C.O.D. is used on multi-package shipments, the entire C.O.D. amount is allocated to the first package.
– The Label Type (Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation) now applies to the USPS Rates Tool, in addition to USPS Shipping and Endicia Shipping.
Regional Rate Box C
– Regional Rate Box C is now available as a USPS Packaging Type option. For products that use the Individual Shipping Package option, this value may also be specified in the Product Overrides section when creating or editing a product; via the Product Import (Products/Import); or via the ProductUpdate XML Tools (Settings/XML Tools).
Integrated Customs Forms
– If you choose to include a USPS Customs Form (either Form 2976 or Form 2976A) with U.S. Armed Forces shipments, the Customs Form and label are now integrated (i.e. no longer printed separately).
Note: Customs Forms are not available with USPS Express Mail.