Be One of the First To Create a Page for Your ECommerce Business on Google+
Google+ now allows businesses and brands to create Pages. Here’s what you need know:
What is a Google+ Page?
“Pages” on Google+ provides businesses with a way to share news, promotions, photos, and links with the general public or targeted groups. With Pages your business can connect with customers on Google’s new social network, send specific messages to a target audience, and allow your customers to recommend your business or promotions in search results.
How do I create a Page on Google+?
- Visit Google’s Getting Started – Create a Page.
- Select a Category – Local Business, Product or Brand, Company | Institution | Non-Profit, Arts Entertainment & Sports, or Other (normally Company, Non-Profit, Org, Institution is best for an eCommerce Business).
- Populate your Profile – Upload your Brand/Logo, Add a detailed description of your business, Connect your Website, Social Media profiles, important landing pages, and other web properties.
- Create and Add people to Circles. Learn more
- Add the +1 button to your website, blog, and web entities. For more advice on this visit: +1 on non-Google sites.
How can a Page on Google+ can bring value to my E-Commerce business?
- +1’s from my Page on Google+ can Impact Search Engine Rankings
- A Page on Google+ can increase Social Engagement
- A Page on Google+ enables Targeted Communication with new, existing, and customers
- Google’s: Getting Started Guide
- Track Google + Statistics
NOTE: When this article was written 11/10/2011 Google+ only allowed 1 User/Owner to manage Google+ Pages. Please take this into consideration when creating your Google+ Page.