As an online merchant, you are always looking for new ways to market your products. A powerful yet often overlooked method is celebrity endorsements. There are many ways to get products into the hands of celebrities. About 5 years ago, this meant having to spend tons of marketing dollars on traditional advertising campaigns such as commercials,
• How do people see your product?
• What do you want to be known for?
Celebrity endorsements must be used correctly. There are three simple rules to keep in mind:
1) Make sure the brand/product is an appropriate fit for that celebrity.
2) Make sure that the celebrity source is credible. You want your brand associated with an admired and respected celebrity. When a customer hears a recommendation they trust, they have a higher tendency to act on it.
3) Make sure the celebrity’s connection to the product is clear.
It is important that the product is relevant and the celebrity is convincing.
Having a celebrity who is actively engaged always holds more strength. Here are a few of Nexternal clients that do a GREAT job using their celebrity status to gain business:
• OrthoCor Medical has been featured on the DR Oz show!
• Many Celebrities including Kim Morgan Green and Kayla Tabish love wearing Marco Polo Designs Jewelry!
• Lewis Cellars created a Lance Armstrong endorsed wine.
• Save Your Do Gymwrap by Nicole Ari Parker has been featured on Steve Harvey Morning Show, Michael Baisden Show and ESPN!