Imagine this scenario – you travel to a foreign land and although you have tried to keep business off your mind and just relax, you can’t help but wonder how things are going on the business front. You come across an internet café and jump into it while your spouse is distracted by an attractive street vendor. You log in to your Order Management System to check your online order volume. Unfortunately, you just made a huge mistake (and no, it’s not that you left your spouse alone with an attractive street vendor)!
What mistake is that you might ask? You just logged into a system with sensitive information from an untrusted device! Many people don’t realize this, but it’s common for hackers to install key logging software onto public computers. This means a hacker can track your every keystroke – from the URL you visit to the password that you type. Scared? You should be. Aside from not logging into critical sites from Untrusted Devices, here are some other common sense tips to keep in mind:
- Change your password often.
- Never, never, never, ever share your password.
- Block access to our Order Management System from foreign IP addresses.
- Do not allow your browser to save your password.
- Never leave your spouse alone with an attractive street vendor (just seeing if you are paying attention)
Your Order Management System is the heart of your business. Protect it and you’ll sleep better at night.