Make Product Reviews Work for You
Content Marketing is a key component to a merchant’s online marketing strategy. Generating new content on a consistent basis is critical to increasing your brand awareness, traffic, and credibility. Customer reviews add fresh, unique, and relevant content to product pages increasing the chances of ranking well in search engines, and adding value to shoppers during their shopping experience. Product reviews can also increase social engagement as customers who take the time to write reviews are likely share their experience with friends.
Did you know that “88% Of Consumers Trust Online Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations”, or that “85% of consumers said they read up to 10 reviews” before making their purchase? via Search Engine Land
With more and more shoppers reading and relying on reviews, it’s critically important to make sure each of your items contain multiple product reviews. Here are a few tips to help you generate quality product reviews:
1. Turn on Automatic Review Reminders via the Reviews section > Setup > Review Reminders section of your Order Management System.
2. Use the Review Reminder Email Addendum box to tell customers that you
- Welcome and value their honest feedback
- Allow Customer to submit their review anonymously
- Want to know the other products you considered during your purchase decision, and the reasons why you selected this product vs. the alternatives
- Want to know how you used the product
- Would also enjoy knowing what they think the product does well, and where it could it be improved
- Would like to know if they would buy this product again or recommend it to a friend
3. Share your experiences and expertise by writing a few product reviews each day. This will demonstrate your passion for the item, provide useful recommendations for customers, and increase your credibility with customers.
Make Product Reviews part of your content marketing efforts and strategy today.