Nexternal Solutions – Help Desk – Bulk Change Product Status
Her question reads:
Changing the status of a product is a very easy thing to do with Nexternal. As a matter of fact you can change several things about a product in bulk including but not limited to pricing, descriptions, and images.
Here’s an example of how it’s done:
• Login to the Nexternal Order Management System.
• Go to the Products section.
• If you only want to update a few items you may be able to execute a search first to isolate the particular products. You can do this by going to Advanced Search/Sort then execute the search for your items. For example you may want to take all the products in the Apparel category.
• Next click on Export/Traffic Tools button at the top of the page.
• Click on the Excel Option. If you’ve executed a search first then you will want to make sure and choose the “Results of Current” search option in the Export Criteria to the right.
• Once the file is generated save it to a place where you can easily find it then open the file.
• If you go to Column N in the Excel file you will see where the Status is listed.
• In this case you would change the status to “Sold Out” then simply copy the status to the rest of the items.
• Save the file.
• From the Nexternal Order Management System go back to the Products section and this time click on Import at the top of the page.
• Click on Product Import and hit Next.
• You will want to select the Update option in Section 1 under Import Mode.
• Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Browse to find your file.
• Upload your file and this will update all the products.