Is your online store ready to make the most of this Father’s day shopping season? According to the National Retail Federation, Father’s Day is a $12 Billion business with the average person spending about $117 on gift’s for Dad. So the question is how do you plan to take advantage of all this spending? Below are a few effective techniques to ensure your eCommerce business doesn’t miss out this Father’s Day:
1) Exclusive Offers – Create Father’s Day-themed discount codes for use in email and social marketing campaigns. And don’t limit your marketing to just Dads – remember grandfathers, stepfathers, godfathers and other father figures! Randolph Engineering, fine eyewear manufacturer and Nexternal Client, does a great job at promoting their current Father’s Day Sale.
2) Send Email Reminders – The majority of people wait until the last minute. Consider sending out a friendly reminder that you have “The Perfect Father’s Day Gifts Available Now at Amazing Prices.” Be sure to include an intriguing subject line, a special father’s day promotion code, and great imagery. Nexternal’ built in Mail Wizard feature makes it extremely easy to send out bulk emails which are proven to increase sales.
3) Inspire Your Customers – Shoppers are always looking for great gift ideas. Consider creating a featured category called “Father’s Day Gift Ideas” or “Top 10 Gifts for Dad” that will help to inspire your customers. Be sure to include a relevant category description and creative imagery. Some Dads are hard to buy gifts for so don’t forget to include Gift Certificates so he can pick out exactly what he wants.
4) Offer Package deals – Consider bunching complimentary items together and offering them as a kit. By grouping complementary items together, you’re saving your customers time and offering them a more attractive looking gift. If you sell tools, you could combine your top selling products into a special “Father’s Day Toolkit” and promote it as a limited time offer.
5) Free Gift Wrapping and Gift Messages – By offering free gift messaging and/or gift wrapping, you can make that gift even more special. It also provides an added benefit to the consumer by removing the need to purchase wrapping paper and a card themselves. If you use Nexternal as your eCommerce platform, you can activate these features within the Settings section of your Order Management System.
Implement these techniques to maximize sales, so you can say “Who’s your Daddy?” (to your competitors) as your orders pour in.
Happy Father’s Day to all the Nexternal Dad’s out there.